Vincent TK Cheung, Yap & Co is one of Hong Kong’s leading real estate practices – a fact endorsed by an enviable client base encompasses top local property developers, major bankers and landowners in addition to government and quasi-government bodies.
Well known and respected in the local property scene, we advise on the entire spectrum of property issues, for residential and non-residential transactions. Our solicitors have extensive experience in conveyancing and leasing matters as well as in planning, environmental and land grant issues. These specialist skills enable us to provide services tailored to clients’ needs and offer advice on a broad range of issues from the early stage of land acquisition, ownership, management to the ultimate disposition of development, as well as legal and practical aspects of property investments.
Particular areas of expertise include:
- Property Development Projects – including site acquisition, land assembly, recovering possession of premises, planning, negotiation with government and quasi-government bodies, surrender and re-grant of land arrangements, funding, disposal and management.
- Public Projects – resumption of land required for public purpose and urban renewal projects.
- Acquisitions and disposal of landed property in Hong Kong – including tender and auction transactions; joint venture agreements and advice; funding and finance arrangement.
- Tenancy-Related issues – all aspects of tenancy-related law.
- Property development in China – in conjunction with our Shanghai office.
- Drafting and executing sale and purchase agreements and other necessary legal documents for commercial, industrial and residential landed properties.
- Drafting leasing agreements for landlords and tenants in respect of offices and residential buildings.
- Representing banks in drafting and preparing mortgage documents.