Our Corporate and Commercial Team has accumulated decades of experience in advising on corporate and commercial law and delivering strategic solutions to companies and businesses in Hong Kong and the PRC.
While today’s business environment is ripe with opportunities, it is also intensively competitive and more often than not corporations face a myriad of issues. Our flexibility, combined with a strong commercial focus, enables our team to employ creative strategies in structuring a wide range of commercial and financial transactions for clients across a broad spectrum of industries and business sectors.
We are committed to providing practical business solutions, underpinned with technical legal excellence. Our team has the experience in anticipating and managing risks, tackling problems, delivering practical solutions to meet clients’ unique requirements and business goals.
We provide timely, pertinent advice and legal services on all aspects of corporate and commercial law to enhance clients’ business performance. We serve our clients at every stage of a business deal including giving legal advice, attending negotiation and preparing a diverse range of commercial contracts and legal documents, both locally and internationally.
Particular areas of expertise include:
- Initial public offerings (IPO) on both the Main Board and GEM of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Secondary fund-raising activities for public companies such as share placements, rights issues and open offers
- Mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies
- Regulatory compliance for public and private companies
- Corporate reorganizations, capital restructurings and schemes of arrangement
- Acquisitions and disposals of assets and businesses
- Formation and dissolution of joint ventures in Hong Kong and the PRC
- Incorporation of companies and formation of partnerships
- Drafting of various commercial agreements including distributorships, franchising and licensing
- General corporate advice
- Full range of corporate company secretarial services, with an emphasis on establishing and administering Hong Kong and offshore companies, regarding:
- company formation and registration
- corporate restructuring (change of directors, change of share capital, issue and transfer of shares)
- compliance with report requirements under the Company Ordinance
- maintenance and updating of company’s statutory records
Our enthusiasm and commitment to quality and sector-specific experience is pivotal to our practice. It has secured our continuing success in the corporate and commercial practice and enabled us to flourish in our alliance with an extensive portfolio of high-profile clients.